Monday 8 August 2011

My friend Tobito

Prior to visiting Matugga I started to sponsor a young boy, aged 7, called Tobito. His mother was a teacher at The Revival Centre and sadly died of Aids. His father has abandoned him and his grandparents are too old and poor to look after him. Tobito is now a 'champion' and lives at the school full-time. For £10 a month I can support Tobito at the school, to help pay for his food, clothes and education.

Meeting Tobito for ther first time was moving, but I was happy and relieved to see him smiling.These children crave love and enjoy nothing more than to hold your hand or to sit with you. On my first visit he couldn't speak a lot of English but it was such a pleasure this year to be able to talk to him more. I feel privileged to have this little boy in my life and I look forward to supporting him in the future.


Say hello...
                                                          
our first meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment